Kurt J. Lesker Company
As a leading global provider of high-quality vacuum products and systems, along with an established tradition of service and attention to detail, the Kurt J. Lesker Company® (KJLC®) has built a reputation for being “All Things Vacuum.”
The common attribute across the entire company is the relentless and tireless pursuit of quality and customer satisfaction, both in the vacuum products and the services we provide worldwide. KJLC® takes this responsibility seriously, working at all levels to ensure high quality performance in all our products.
Thin-Film Vacuum Deposition Systems:
We manufactured our first thin-film vacuum deposition system over 20 years ago at our U.S. headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pa. Hundreds of systems later our proven Process Equipment Division, with engineering, manufacturing, and clean-room assembly areas in the U.S. and U.K., design and manufacture PVD and CVD deposition systems to suit your process application needs.
And we now offer three different computer-controlled atomic layer deposition (ALD) system platforms to support varying levels of R&D; from compact, stand-alone ALD systems, to fully-integrated multi-technique deposition cluster tools — we have the right platform to support your level of research.
We can develop simple single-chamber bell jar systems for smaller R & D applications to complex multi-chamber computer-controlled cluster tool systems for OLED/PLED production, and everything in-between. Our systems can include a variety of deposition techniques, including magnetron sputtering (RF, DC, and Pulsed DC) sources in both linear and circular configurations, ion sources for substrate cleaning and assisted deposition, electron beam evaporation, thermal evaporation for metals and organics, and pulsed laser ablation.
- PVD System Platforms
- » Nano 36 – Affordable, Compact, Entry to mid-level Deposition System
- » PVD Series – Modular Workhorse design for various Deposition Techniques, Research & Development to Small Batch Production
- » Spectros – Organic Material Deposition Systems
- » AXXIS – Multiple Deposition Techniques, Co-Deposition
- » CMS (Combinatorial Material Science) Series – Versatile System for Materials Science Research & Development
- » Luminos – Manual Cluster Tool, Up to 8 Process Modules
- » OCTOS – Automated Cluster Tool, Up to 8 Process Modules
- ALD Vacuum System Platforms
- » ALD-150LE – Atomic Layer Deposition System, Up to 6” Substrates
- » ALD-150LX – Atomic Layer Deposition System, Up to 6” Substrates
- » ALD Reactant Chamber Design
- » ALD Reactant Delivery System (RDS) Designs
- CVD System Platforms
Vacuum Chambers: The Kurt J. Lesker Company® is a leading manufacturer of high and ultra-high (HV & UHV) vacuum chambers. We are recognized worldwide for specializing in both R&D and production environments.
From smaller, spherical chambers several inches in diameter for R&D, to large box chambers over 14′ long for production coatings, our expansive machine shop at our Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania facility is poised to service any and all of your custom vacuum chamber needs
- » Glass & Metal Bell Jars
- » Cylindrical Chambers
- » Spherical Chambers
- » Box Chambers
Vacuum Flanges & Components: We manufacture a comprehensive range of flanges and flanged components such as nipples, elbows, tees, crosses, flex bellows, glass-metal seals, quick couplings, viewports, etc. in all standard vacuum flange systems.
- » CF Flanges & Components
- » KF Flanges & Components
- » ISO Flanges & Components
- » ASA Flanges & Components
- » Wire-Seal Flanges & Hardware
- » Adapters and Couplings
- » Bellows, Tubing & Weld Fittings
- » Viewports and Shutters
- » Cajon & Swagelok Fittings
- » Gaskets, O-rings and Vented Hardware
Vacuum Valves: Kurt J Lesker manufactures a comprehensive range of Vacuum Valves for various applications.
- » Rectangular Gate Valves
- » Gate Valves
- » Angle Valves
- » Inline Valves
- » Bakeable All-Metal Valves
- » All Metal Valves
- » Water Valves & Accessories
- » Butterfly Valves
- » Ball Valves
- » Diaphragm Valves
- » Vent Valves
- » Protection Gate Valves
- » Up to Air Vent Valves
- » Gas Valves & Accessories
Feedthroughs: Kurt J Lesker offers over 1200 different electrical feedthroughs in a wide variety of terminations, Maximum Voltages and current carrying capabilities.
- » Electrical Feedthrough
- » Power Feedthrough
- » Thermocouple Feedthrough
- » Ceramic Break Feedthrough
- » Liquid/Gas Feedthrough
- » Motion Feedthrough
- » Optical Feedthrough
- » Accessories for Feedthrough
Deposition Materials: Our ISO 9001:2008 certified Materials Division stocks a vast assortment of pure materials, evaporation sources, and crucible liners for use in both thermal and E-beam evaporation as well as sputter deposition processes. We offer pure elements, compounds, alloys, ceramics, intermetallics, and mixtures in a variety of shapes, sizes, and purities for R&D applications. We also offer our materials customers sputter target bonding and precious metals reclamation services, saving you both time and money.
Traps & Filters: Protecting the vacuum chamber from vapors produced by the pumps; protecting the pumps from gases and particulates originating in the chamber; and protecting people and the atmosphere from materials from both pumps and chamber, is the job of a trap, filters, or abatement system. We offer a full range of components including:
Foreline traps; System traps; Mist eliminators, Oil Filtration units, and complete Exhaust Gas Abatement systems.
Vacuum Fluids & Greases: For almost 40 years we have manufactured hydrocarbon vacuum pump fluids of all grades and viscosities. Our semi-synthetic hydrocarbon vacuum pump oil offers superior chemical stability. KJLC’s new line of semi-synthetic mechanical pump oils offers superior performance. KJLSS oil contains an anti-oxidation additive which extends the useful life of the oil. With its low vapor pressure this oil is an ideal choice for a variety of applications. KJLSS is a semi-synthetic oil with a high viscosity index, which makes it much more energy efficient than many other vacuum pump oils. It has the added benefit of being able to withstand higher operating temperatures. This new oil is available in four different types, with varying viscosities.
- » Mechanical Vacuum Pump Oil
- » Diffusion Vacuum Pump Oil
- » Vacuum Grease
- » Vacuum Sealants and Solvents
Learn More About Kurt J. Lesker products